What are you looking for?

Sunday 3 April 2011

Favourite bakes #1: Super Sticky Gingerbread

 Sticky gingerbread is one of my all time favourite things to bake, I have tried loads of recipes and the one I will share here is by far the best. It is my friends mum's recipe and it makes the most amazing light gingerbread cake, with the stickiest top... yum!



Heres the recipe:

1/2 lb (225g) Black treacle
1/2lb (225g) Soft Margerine
1/2lb (225g) Soft brown sugar (I use dark for an extra treacley taste)
3/4lb (340g) Plain flour
1 tblsp Ground ginger (I usually put an extra 1/2 tbsp in)
2tsp Ground Cinammon
2 Beaten Eggs
1/2 pint milk (blood heat)
2tsp Bicarbonate of Soda

1. Melt the treacle, margarine, and sugar over a gentle heat in a thick bottomed pan until blended.



2. Once cooled, add the eggs to the warm (NOT HOT!!!) treacle mix and beat well until the egg is completely blended.

3. Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl.


4. Pour the treacle mix into the dry ingredients and mix thouroughly, I just use a wooden spoon here but an electric mixer would be fine.

5. Add the bicarb to the milk an stir (this may froth a little so watch it doesn't spill), then add to the mix and stir well with a spoon.


6. Now pour into a well greased tin and bake for 3/4 - 1 hour in a cool oven (I put my fan assisted electric oven on about 140 degrees c).

* Here I pour into 2 silicone "tins" and bake for around 25 minutes until the top springs back or a clean cocktail stick can be inserted into the middle of the sponge and come out clean. Another option is to pour into muffin cases and bake for around 10-15 minutes until cooked as above (Caution- this will make loads of muffins!!!)

Hope you enjoy!

P.s let me know if you require any different measurements or have a recipe suggestion or request.

P.p.s I will be back with a house related update soon, watch this space..

Much love,

Becky x

I'm linking to:



No comments:

Post a Comment