What are you looking for?

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Kiss me quick! Coffee kisses & chocolate kisses


So today I decided to make coffee kisses, just like the ones I used to make with my dad when I was little. Most recipes I found were for a coffee biscuit sandwiched with a buttercream filling, but the ones we used to make have a melted chocolate filling which makes them even more irresistable.

Here is the recipe I used:

250g Butter
250g Plain Flour
100g Icing sugar
2 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water (cooled)
45g Plain chocolate
Icing sugar to dust (optional)

(Makes 25 according to recipe, but I found that i got 13 rather generous ones)

1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Mix butter into the icing sugar, beating until light and fluffy.


2. Add the flour and coffee mix and stir well. The recipe then recommends piping the mix into swirls, however I rolled small amounts of mix in my hand then flattened them slightly on the tray into discs around 5cm across and 1.5 cm deep. Then place onto a greased or floured baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, if you have made large ones you may need to leave for 14 minutes, mine took slightly longer as it is important that they are firm to the touch.

3. Leave to cool on a cooling rack and melt the chocolate, when the biscuits are cool sandwich them together with the chocolate and leave to set.




Enjoy!!!





Overall I would recommend this recipe, these are delicious tea break treats and are not difficult or time consuming to make. I made a few changes to the recipe which were using milk chocolate to sandwich my kisses together as that is the preffered chocolate in our house, and it tasted gorgeous. I also experimented with the recipe and made a chocolate variation which is as follows: 

250g Butter
250g Plain Flour
100g Icing sugar
2.5 tsp cocoa powder dissolved in 1.5 tbsp hot water (cooled)
45g Plain chocolate
Icing sugar to dust

These turned out really well, I think they have actually been more popular than the coffee version in my house, I used extra water as I found my mix came out a little dry.

Happy Cooking!

Much love,

Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment