What are you looking for?

Saturday 30 April 2011

Letter rack makeover

                   
Hello all, first off thanks to all my new followers, I really appreciate it, and secondly I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Some of you may remember this little fella that I picked up from the second hand shop for £9



He was a hideous shade of green but solid pine, and I loved the shape of him... So I quickly got to work, gave him and undercoat, then painted him up taupe as I had planned:


Now picture this scene: I sit on my bed and take the above photo ready to post for you lovely lot to see, then I put him on the floor and turn on the laptop. Two  minutes later: House phone rings, panic ensuses, foot caught in laptop cable, argh, quick... before it stops, trip. Stub toe. On letter rack. OUCH.... Resume panic, run down stairs, phone stops ringing, check number: Anon, no message.

Grrrrr! My poor toe.

Head back upstairs to find my not so dainty toe has dented my letter rack :(, take a closer look, oh its damaged the paint. I'll just get the flaky paint off and touch it up....



Ooops, lesson learnt, always SAND AND PRIME!

So I decided it was fate, sanded him, primed him, attatched some moulding from ebay, and painted him white. And here he is:



Let me know what you think!

Much love until next time,

Becky x

I'm linking to...



UndertheTableandDreaming




Transformation Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment